• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unique window switches??

dbrannon79

I'm getting there!
Reaction score
Guys, I was looking online today for door parts across different sites, since I was having intermittent issues with the drivers window not wanting to work I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if I could get a replacement switch for the drivers door since it's the one most used throughout the life of any vehicle.

looking online I cannot seem to find this style switch. looking at years 92 -94 I get listing for the style that fit flat on the door panel. looking any newer I get the same style that is in my 95 which has the window lockout button. Maybe I have a unique design or maybe the panels have been swapped from another year truck. below is a photo of both my drivers side panel and the drivers rear panel. all 4 doors have this same design.

IMG_4964.jpg
IMG_4965.jpg

My switch is almost the same as the one for the 95 except there is no window lockout button but the back side uses the same two connectors.
I looked at my door sticker to see if I could read the date of mfg, but the sticker is no longer readable. even the glove box sticker doesn't have the RPO codes, only a sticker for towing. I suppose I should take the vin to the GM dealer and see if I can get a printout of the RPO codes for this truck.

I started looking more on flea bay and found another one showing more detail on the switch. found part number 11234566 but it only comes up on flea bay as the switch. looking at the photos, this might be the same switch as the 95+ uses just without the window lockout function. Now I'm curious if one of those switches can be made to work, removing the lockout button and jumping the pins to disable it. If I have time, just for grins, I might look at the schematics on my 95 or backprobe the harness on them and see if the pinouts are the same on the connectors for both trucks

1709700969683.png

Upon further inspection that extra button is for the door locks. I can easily remove that button if the switch fits the hole. pins in the harness won't be in the 93 since the door lock button is up on by the door handle! connectors look to be the same size and shape.

I wonder if this truck got the doors or the panels with harnesses swapped at one point. I will look up on RA for those models and see how expensive a new switch is. it hasn't given me any more issues since that one or two times but since I have to pull up to a badge reader (like a bank drive through) at work to get in or out of the plant, I would hate for it to not want to work when I least expect it LOL.

Back