• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo Oil Leak

DuraRaj

Reaction score
:turbo:Took my truck in to dealer for some warranty work and to check on oil weep around the intercooler intake area. Tech informed me that according to GM it is a normal condition. Oil is caused by Turbocharger Compressor Seal leak.:eek: I don't know about a seal leaking to be considered normal...:rolleyes: Thought I just let you guys know.

TSB attached.

uhh. Im no expert on thee new fancy turbos,

but on older turbos, I know you dont want the compressor seal leaking.

Mine also has the oil residue on the pipe. Seems normal from what everybody else says... I don't know though.

From what I gather, if the weap is on the passenger side intercooler: there might be a missing O-Ring where the pipe goes into the Intercooler. Mines is on the driver side.

Tracker, I think your on to it. Contributing factor to weapage is the close system PVC. Some people are venting the system to eliminate problem. I'll be trying this to see if it stops the weapage...

Back