• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tuning question

dmaxman03

Reaction score
Alright so I am pretty new with EFILive. I am starting to get the basics and what not. I built my own DSP5 and got some pretty decent tunes. My trucks an 03 duramax. I've got a buddy with an 04 (LB7). Operating systems are different.

Heres my questions, when I did it i kept my stock file in the Engine Cal and then my bigger tunes in the DSP tunes. He wants the sames tunes I have. Could I convert it to a DSP5 and then bring up two 7.5 windows one with my tunes, one with his stock file that I would update to the dsp5 and just copy and paste all the DSP tables and then change the misc limiters I had to? That may be a hack way I am not 100% sure. I am just looking saving time and I just want to make sure I don't screw anything up. Hopefully I don't get too slammed for wanting to do this, if thats not the correct way lol. Thanks for any help!

You guys should both have the 044 OS in your ECM's as that was the standard OS used for 03-04(and some late 02's got it as well). Otherwise scripting is the easiest way to do it. Keep in mind for 03+ trucks you MUST use YOUR base file(stock read) as the base for building your tunes off of. If your OS's are the same you can do a comparison view and just make all the tables match. Also keep in mind that stick trucks have some different tables in them as well as CALI/NE emissions trucks. And be prepared to do some wteaks to the tunes as not every truck reacts the same way.

Ah your right O.S are the same just looked, I was lookin at a different buddies truck. That makes perfect sense. Thanks much man.

Ah your right O.S are the same just looked, I was lookin at a different buddies truck. That makes perfect sense. Thanks much man.

Take the stock read of his, convert to DSP5, save it, then reopen it in the main window, open your modified tune in the comparison window, hit compare, and then change all the engine parameters to match thos of teh modified tune. Pretty straight forward process to do when both OS's are the same.

Perfect, yeah shouldn't be too diffcult. Do you know can you do the same thing with LLY trucks or LBZ? Like lets say the O.S is different but the DSP tables are still the same could you just copy and paste them just like before? Theres really nobody around here worth a crap that does decent tuning so we got some good tunes and thought if we can save some money and the copy and paste works we would do it.

You can do a script, but right now there is no way to compare different OS's. Just keep in mind with scripts over different OS's, there will be some tables that need work so make sure and double check all modified tables. And some OS's have more tables than others, so they may need tweaking to other tables to make them work.

Back