• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truck turned 200,000KM and gave me a present

chris4521

Reaction score
Soooo
I rolled over 200,000KM today (ive had her since 150) and the truck gave me a sweet little surprise... I was watching the odometer and smiling and the smile abruptly left my face when i smelled diesel.. Pulled into the lumber yard lot to pick up some lumber, popped the hood and noticed fuel GUSHING from the top of the Fuel filter ( where the ring seals ) I use the Metal fuel filter and I have the plastic ring... I tried a new one and really tightened it , but it still seems to seep a bit of fuel!!! Anyone else had this problem??? A friend of mine at the stealers mentioned that i might be able to fix it with a big hose clamp ( tried with no luck ) They didnt have a replacement retainer ring.. so i had to make do with what I've got. Anyone else had this problem?? How did you solve it? Hoping for another 50,000 trouble free kilometers (well sorta)

I was having continuing problems with being able to get that ring to tighten down enough to seal the filter. I checked to see if maybe there was an updated filter and there was. My new filter is a one piece cap and filter. No more leaks!

Don

Back