• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transmission Fluid?

DieselCash

Trust but, verify
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been a long time fan of Royal Purple. But, after reading all of your articles I am slowly changing my mind over to Amsoil. From all the readings it seems Amsoil is a superior product over RP. Plus, I really like the Amsoil website, it has a lot of good information and is very helpful in selecting products.

I currently own A 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe and am wanting to convert it fully over to all synthetic oils. From the information from the website they do not offer a transmission fluid for my stated vehicle. Do they plan on offering one in the future?

I will not going to start changing the fluids over till I get back to the states some time in October. But, I would like all the information I can get early on.

Thanks,

I do, engine and tranny both are synthetic also. Before I deploy I will run it in the front and rear diff's also.

I do, engine and tranny both are synthetic also. Before I deploy I will run it in the front and rear diff's also.

Do you have one of those mag-hytec pans? I have been wanting both for the Tahoe rear diff and trans. They are a little spendy but, I like the features they come with.

No aftermarket pans. I would like to go with a deep sump tranny pan, but it is useless for me here in Watertown cause then the tranny would really never warm up in the winter.

I think I found the answer to my question but, would like to here what you would recommend. Here is what I found "Synthetic Low-Viscosity Automatic Transmission Fluid", is this the correct one?

Here is a link to what I am asking about;

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atl.aspx

Thanks,

I think I found the answer to my question but, would like to here what you would recommend. Here is what I found "Synthetic Low-Viscosity Automatic Transmission Fluid", is this the correct one?

Here is a link to what I am asking about;

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atl.aspx

Thanks,

Sorry I'm late to the party.

Yes, that is the correct fluid for your 5.3. I offer discount pricing to DTR members. Just give me a call if you have more questions or would like to place an order.

Ashton

Sorry I'm late to the party.

Yes, that is the correct fluid for your 5.3. I offer discount pricing to DTR members. Just give me a call if you have more questions or would like to place an order.

Ashton

Ashton,

Better late than never! Thanks for responding, I will call you later on in the week. I do have a lot of questions!

Thanks,

Back