• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transgo shift kit 01-05 5 speed for lbz?

GMCYA

Resident Coonass
Reaction score
My parts arrived today and the transgo kit has a sticker that says "Fits 01-05 All5 speeds" . Is this the right one for the 6 speed 06 LBZ? Even the booklet inside says "2001-2004 models". It did come with one separate small box. I sure as hell hope so!:confused:

Did you rder the JR.? You need the Transgo Jr. for the 6 speed. Sounds like you got the wrong kit. The kit you got should have what you need in it but probably cost more than a Jr.
What did they charge you for?

The receipt does not have a breakdown. It came with the suncoast 3. The receipt, boxes, and everything else has LBZ stamped all over. I will be pissed to say the least if they sent the wrong parts. My truck is on the rack now.

You should be fine. The kit probably came with the entire kit but you should only need the Jr. part of it. I'm not sure how the kit is packaged but if you describe it to me I can tell you which part you should need for the shift kit.
Allison fixed from the factory what the entire kit did in the 5 speeds. The 6 speed only need the stiffer springs and balls.
Describe to me what is in the smaller box.

PICT2321.jpg

PICT2324.jpg

PICT2327.jpg

You need what came in the little box, the one with the dude on it. I don't think you will need the rest but call your vendor where you bought it and make sure, just to be safe.

That is the complete kit for a 5 speed transmission the parts you need are not in the small box in that kit. You need the trim valves that are in small plastic bags. There are 2 of them. One of them is in the bottom left corner of your photo and the other is just above the springs. Do not use the rest of the kit. Give Ron a call at Suncoast and make sure with them first. Also the second box you show is the A1-LU-BST-04 is the right part for the later 04 model transmission and 6 speed.

Thanks guys for the info. I lost my turn on the rack and I am short 1 gallon of transynd (they only had 4) so I had time to wait and call today. They said I should have gotten the JR. instead of the full kit. So just the 2 trim valves and the drill bit size for the VB is 1/8th. The cutback valve is correct but I have no idea where it goes, I guess I have all week to read the instructions and the manual I ordered with it. I asked if they wanted the extra parts back:rolleyes5:.
I may order a JR. to replace the trim valves and sell the transgo kit.

This weekend I am going to play mechanic.

Back