• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TransGo Jr.

Cool! You will like it once installed, not hard just take your time and keep the work area extra clean, you will be fine - ;)

Guys, can anything fall out of the vb or the transmission side while the vb is being removed from the trans? I want to be careful of that when i help my son with his.
Thanks

If you can wait a day ill make a writeup on it tonite if i remember. Or ill just make it right now.

Yes there are a couple little things that could fall out of the VB when its being removed, just two little pins but they can be hard to find in a driveway or dirty poorly lit shop.

If you can wait a day ill make a writeup on it tonite if i remember. Or ill just make it right now.

Yes there are a couple little things that could fall out of the VB when its being removed, just two little pins but they can be hard to find in a driveway or dirty poorly lit shop.
What is the best advise you have to avoid this happening?

well no writeup yet guys. I realized i dont have pics of the inside of a 6spd.

To avoid it happening just watch the pin. I cqant remember the exact name. But if you locate the shift detent spring then there is a groov on the lets call it a sproket that the spring rides on. The pin follows that groove. It will most likely fall on your floor or in the drain pan. There is also a pin that holds the shift post in that sometimes will fall out its underneath the valvebody and very small.

Back