• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trans temp gauge being difficult

BigBlueChevy

Compression Ignition Addict
Reaction score
Finally had the time to drop my tranny pan this weekend to change the fluid and machine the new thermocouple in so I know whats going on. The stuff I bought was from Rexx Marine which consisted of there Beede temp gauge and the associated thermo couple. The gauge has 4 different points to connect too, one of which is ground. The thermocouple only has one point to connect too. I got the tranny up to temp and tried touching the wire to all the terminals to see if the gauge would move at all. Nothing. Does anybody have experiance with this? I'm stumped.

Can you post pics of the back of the gauge? I have an Auto Meter trans temp gauge for sale, if this one doesn't pan out.

1109090839.jpg

In the counterlockwise rotation, it reads. G(for ground), "O", L (line for light), "S" and "I"

The sensor I have is an auto meter(says it right on there). Rexx Marine said that was the right sensor for this gauge so...

As an update a little research via google brought me to discover that a local ground would be very beneficial and mya be whats causing my gauge not to function. I'm at work now but when I get home I''ll add a local ground to the pan near the sensor and report back here if that changed anything.

Last edited:
Back