• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tranny swap

Mr Baadboy

Reaction score
Hey guys will a 07 allison 6 speed .. swap into a 03 5 speed without to much trouble. Wiring harness/ tcm/rear housing sterring wheel shifter
throw out some thoughts and some figures so i may weigh this swap out if it is worthwhile. The 07 tranny has the pto option installed.
Thanks for any input :thumbsup:

Another issue may be the fact that the 07 doesn't use a turbine speed sensor whereas the 06- does. I noticed from looking at pics that the 07 and 08 doesn't have the sensor in the bellhousing of the case anymore. Also the 07 would recuire you to swap in the shift handle for the push button shifting and some of the more educated here would have to tell you how to make it display the gear it's in on the DIC since the 03 and 07 are different. I'm sure it's doable though.

Another issue may be the fact that the 07 doesn't use a turbine speed sensor whereas the 06- does. I noticed from looking at pics that the 07 and 08 doesn't have the sensor in the bellhousing of the case anymore.

Good Point. Didn't think of that part. Although if the trans is out of a 07 Classic it should still have the sensor in the bellhousing.

THEFERMANATOR said:
Also the 07 would recuire you to swap in the shift handle for the push button shifting and some of the more educated here would have to tell you how to make it display the gear it's in on the DIC since the 03 and 07 are different. I'm sure it's doable though.

Nope, that stuff is associated with the 06+ TCM, which will not work with the LB7 or LLY ECM's.

Last edited:
Back