• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tranny Fluid

Will

Boobies make me happy
Reaction score
How many quarts of ATF Dex III do I need for a complete rebuild on an Allison? Also where is a good place to get Mobil 1 synthetic ATF?

18-20 i believe which equals out to 5 gallons. Its a thirsty trans. I thin with my deep pan i used a little under 6 gallons

The guys at the GM parts desk said 12.7 for stock pan. I've got 14 qts of Mobil 1 full syn ATF coming.

after searching a little bit that sounds right. I dont know what i was thinking, mine took a lot but that deep pan added quite a bit of capacity

How much is that 14 qts costing?

42 bucks for 6qts. I am getting it through the distributor that delivers our different hydraulic oil and grease at work so I think I'm getting it at close to cost. Talked to the guy that is going to help do the tranny and he said get 20 just to be safe. Works for me, any extra can sit on the shelf in the garage.

Back