• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Suburban rear defrost only works on P/S door?

bfourman

Reaction score
Like the title says, the rear defrost only works on the P/S barn door. I cleaned the door pins on both sides thinking it may have a bad connection, but still only one side works. What can I check to figure this out?

1997 Sub barn doors.

Take a piece of scotch brite and clean the contacts on both sides for both doors before you go any furthur. I know that on mine they oxidize BADLY, and I clean em every few months with scotch brite to keep em working.

I did that today, scratched them down to shiny on both pins and contact pads. I also covered the pads/pins in dielectric grease to prevent further corrosion. I'll have to wait for a cold night again to see if it worked.

There should be a pin on the glass itself, probably under the trim, make sure that didn't come off or anything.

Not to hijack your point of view here bfourman... Having the same problem to - still do.
Appreciate the Info.

Quick update - tonight we had some rain and the temp dropped while I was at work. Turned the rear defrost on and both windows seemed to clear. The fog wasn't that heavy so I couldn't tell 100% but I believe the fix worked.

Back