• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sub Wiring Diagram

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've got two Kicker CVT 10's shallow mount for a box under my rear seat. My amp is a 2 channel amp (for now).

Crutchfield says this is the correct way to wire them?

I've never hookup two subs before. Thanks!

2SVC_2-ohm_2ch.jpg

What's the Model Number of the Subs and Amp you have, are the Subs Dual Voice Coil or Single and how many Ohms?

Ok, you're gonna Bridge the Amp.

Use CH1 + and CH2 - Speaker Terminals.

Lemme Draw you a Crappy Pic in Paint real Quick to Show you how to Wire it up. :)

This will give you a Final Load of 4ohms. Bridge the Amp and Wire it like I show, and it'll put out about 700w or 350w to each Sub.

Here ya go:

Attachments

• sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 3
Maybe they won't blow through the floor.... :D

Also, the box is sealed between the two sections.

Should I just drill a hole small enough for the wire to cross?

Yep that's exactly how I did it!

Thanks James!! It sounds great.. :thumbsup:

I listen to rock music so they don't "hit" as most would say, but they "hit" great for a rock song. Exactly what I wanted.

I've actually got this amp hooked to them right now:

mrp-m1000.jpg

Alpine V-Power Mono 1000Watt.

That Amp is ALOT better than the Power Acoustik one above. Be careful though, that Amp can Blow those Subs if you aren't careful with the Gains.

That Amp is ALOT better than the Power Acoustik one above. Be careful though, that Amp can Blow those Subs if you aren't careful with the Gains.

Yea I figured that, It's my buddies he's letting me borrow. It's a brand new refurb'ed unit. The original blew up and after 5 months Alpine sent him another one. I offered him $200 for it. Good deal? I see you can buy them for $400 now.

Yea I figured that, It's my buddies he's letting me borrow. It's a brand new refurb'ed unit. The original blew up and after 5 months Alpine sent him another one. I offered him $200 for it. Good deal? I see you can buy them for $400 now.

Yea, $200 isn't Bad for a Refurb.

I'm not going to buy it from him. I got get a new one for $50 more bucks.

What's your recommendations for a good amp for my setup?

Back