• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stock caps+Moto Metals?

LiftedLaramie

Recruit
Reaction score
Well the center caps that come with moto metal wheels suck balls, so i need to buy new ones, and i was wondering if anybody knows if i could run stock center caps with my 951's?

The ones that came with the wheels were the snap in kind if that means anything... Thanx

And when you do, let me know or post a pic if it works. I have a set of black ones that I plan to install for winter and yes, the caps suck. Not to mention 2 caps are chrome and 2 are black (used wheels).

I dont see any way to do that, unless you welded the factory lug nut on the end of your current lug nuts for the cap to lock on, i think it would look like ass. Better off with no caps IMO.

I dont see any way to do that, unless you welded the factory lug nut on the end of your current lug nuts for the cap to lock on, i think it would look like ass. Better off with no caps IMO.

I just ran downstairs to look at mine after I read your post and you're right. It really wouldn't be possible. The lug holes are recessed and the wheel itself tapers out at that point, so there's no way they could sit flush. I really just want to find a plain jane center cap with a lip to go in from behind the wheel like the old school ones.

I haven't searched much, but I'll fugure something out. Worst case, like Tim said, just run without-especially for mine just for winter.

I just ran downstairs to look at mine after I read your post and you're right. It really wouldn't be possible. The lug holes are recessed and the wheel itself tapers out at that point, so there's no way they could sit flush. I really just want to find a plain jane center cap with a lip to go in from behind the wheel like the old school ones.

I haven't searched much, but I'll fugure something out. Worst case, like Tim said, just run without-especially for mine just for winter.

Shit, well i need to figure sumthin out, i assume the stock caps go in the wheel, then the wheel bolts on correct? Not pops in after the wheels is on?

I have the caps off now, and it actually looks like dog shit...

Back