• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

speedometer problem

yuliank

Reaction score
My speedo not working on a Suburban. I put in new VSS, swapped speedo from a different sub, no difference. Could my cranc position sensor be on the way of the problem? Hard and irregular shifting 1st to 2nd gear. Shifts at different RPM and kicks. Also cruise sontrol dont work. I think its tied together. ABS light comes on after driving for a few seconds. Meybe ABS sensor is tripping something. Speedo don't move at all. Any one had this issue before?

Sounds like a VSSB problem. The ABS, speedo, and PCM all receive the vehicle speed sensor signal from the vehicle speeed sensor buffer(little white box located behind the glove box underneath the PCM). The VSS connects to it on the 6.5's and it sends out the signal to everything else. The cruise not working means that the ECM isn't getting a speed signal as well as the 1-2 shift as it will default to 2nd gear when there is a problem and it goes into limp mode. Also the ABS receives it's signal from it and would trigger the light when it sees a speed from the front wheels and not from teh VSSB. It could be bad wiring, or a bad VSS, or simply the VSSB could be bad. Need to get in there with an ohm meter and start checking your wiring. Also you can check for VSS output with a volt meter to make sure it is working.

EDIT: I see from your other post your having electrical issues. I would get the wiring fixed first as that is most likely your problem.

Back