• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

smoke

03whitechrome

03whitechrome
Reaction score
well my truck smokes good and im wnating to know how you get more smoke up top like at full throttle.. i have enuff down low i want it to lay a good haze full track.. also i hear people when they pull they lock there tran in 3rd hi or 4th low.. are you guys just not letting it go above this gear or what... im going to pull in a couple weeks and trying to get ready..

well my truck smokes good and im wnating to know how you get more smoke up top like at full throttle.. i have enuff down low i want it to lay a good haze full track.. also i hear people when they pull they lock there tran in 3rd hi or 4th low.. are you guys just not letting it go above this gear or what... im going to pull in a couple weeks and trying to get ready..

My first pull I was in 4 LOW 3rd gear locked. I rev'd out in 3rd gear way to eairly and if I had shifted to 4th I would of went a lot farther in my opinion. It was a scrub pull so you didn't have to have a lot of power to hold 4th.

Smoke after the turbo lights is wasted power. If you want the smoke, increase the pulse width. It will lower the fuel rail pressure thus reducing atomization of the fuel and reducing power but creating smoke. This is how my pulling tune runs. The 512 tune is the cleaner more power version of the pulling tune.

4th gear depends on the track, sled and how much power you have.

Around here pulling is serious and all of the sleds are heavy and the tracks are nicely groomed hard clay biting SOBs. 600hp trucks cant hang 4th gear around here

Back