• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sirius car kit antenna took a crap, help please.

WilliamBos

Serial Post Whore in the making...
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Sirius Stiletto 2, and my car kit antenna has taken a crap. I can unplug the stiletto off the car kit, and I get a signal, but plug it in, and it says 'acquiring signal' Is there a plug on the back of my OEM stereo that will let me plug it in direct?? Don't wanna buy another crappy Sirius antenna, only to have it happen again. And NO, an aftermarket stereo will not be finding its way into my truck.

It is the GM six disc, with Bose speakers. (04 GMC SLT.)

I just did this a year go. My antenna failed giving me the same messages. How exactly an antenna can fail is beyond me but I got it replaced with another one. I just got another factory Sirrius antenna for around 30 bucks and I havent had a problem since.

There is a pin available to use the stock onstar/XM antenna but I didnt want to bother, nor do I know what the part number was or where to get it.

I just did this a year go. My antenna failed giving me the same messages. How exactly an antenna can fail is beyond me but I got it replaced with another one. I just got another factory Sirrius antenna for around 30 bucks and I havent had a problem since.

There is a pin available to use the stock onstar/XM antenna but I didnt want to bother, nor do I know what the part number was or where to get it.

Thanks Nick. I would be curious as to where that pin can be found and how to hook it in.

I'm not sure but I know someone who might know for sure. Like I said, I didnt want to mess with it and needed something quick so I went out that day and just got a replacement antenna.

I'm not sure but I know someone who might know for sure. Like I said, I didnt want to mess with it and needed something quick so I went out that day and just got a replacement antenna.

If you have a chance Nick could you find out for me? I would love to have it run through the XM/Onstar, cleaner look.

Sure. I sent him a pm on another site so when I hear back I'll let you know.

So far so good but digging out of a hole. Such is life though. Thanks for asking.

The wires are pretty fragile, I replaced my last one with an XM antenna I got off of E-bay for less than $10, both are compatible and for some reason the XM units are usually cheaper.

You can get a direct FM modulator, so that you plug your stereo's antenna feed into a box, then there is an output of the box to the factory stereo, but the good thing is an auxiliary input on the modulator box. This is much better because it filters everything else out and is a direct wired connection verse through the air. It has given me better sound quality before with better bass reproduction. The boxes are like $45 though, you can get universal ones or there are XM satellite versions.

You can get a direct FM modulator, so that you plug your stereo's antenna feed into a box, then there is an output of the box to the factory stereo, but the good thing is an auxiliary input on the modulator box. This is much better because it filters everything else out and is a direct wired connection verse through the air. It has given me better sound quality before with better bass reproduction. The boxes are like $45 though, you can get universal ones or there are XM satellite versions.

Hey,

Thanks. Where does the box get mounted?? Where can it be bought??

It should fit in the dash area behind the radio, its small enough. Best Buy sells them.

Here is a universal one with RCA inputs, that comes with adaptor to 1/8" mini stereo jack that your Serius receiver probably has an output for. Or just run your own cable into the RCAs.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007THIDQ/?tag=jhuntlink-20

Or here is one with the XM/Serius antenna type connector that could go to that ouptut of the sirius receiver
http://www.bizrate.com/xm_siriussat...adio-antenna--pid737644469/compareprices.html

The Sirius and XM receivers should have the same antenna connectors. I mean its the same company now and you recieve the programming of both on either one. And the connector looks the same to me.

When I went to best buy they sold a universal one and the XM one.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back