• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Should I Shim My FPR?

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
I've never 1093'd the Truck, Limped it, or Thrown a Fuel Code for it EVER, but Last Time I Logged it and Read the Rail Pressure, it was about 23k-24k psi.

You think it'd be Worth doin or no?

If it's not popping it open, I wouldn't mess with it unless you plan on running a BIG tune.

Mine never popped James, I guess I was just lucky. Like he said, I would leave it alone until you have to do something with it..

Has anyone here ever done the shim on the fuel rail pressure regulator? I got the code on a trip recently and it limited the speed for a short time and then regained power. The code cleared the next day. The kit costs about $20.00 but I am not sure about me doing the replacement. It looks to be pretty easy in the instructions.

Are you running stock tuning? I don't see a need for this with the stock tuning. Maybe the FPR is going bad?

Back