• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Air Bag Message

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Wife's '07 Tahoe got a "service air bag" code this afternoon. Book says do it right now!
Anybody know anything about this? Hasn't been wrecked and we've had extreme heat and humidity last couple of days. That's all I know at this point.

She was on her way to have dinner with our son so I called him and he pulled both the fuses for them. One says ign and the other bat. Service light is still on but at least it won't nail her in the mug. :eek:

:hihi:Boy am I out of touch, I was thinking why the hell would they have a warning light for a suspension item?

Guess I should buy something newer.:nonod:

Most likely a faulty sensor, the danger would be in the bag not deploying when needed rather than an unwanted deployment.

the danger would be in the bag not deploying when needed rather than an unwanted deployment.

x2, it's not going to work, . The reason the book stresses to fix it now is because anything safety related they will say fix immediately. Should still fix it of course, but you've just got a vehicle with no airbags right now.

Could also be a loose plug. My impala's air bag light comes on once in a while and all I have to do is unplug the wire harness under the drivers seat, clean the contacts and replug it in. Generally good for several months after doing that.

OK thanks guys I'll check out the connectors and also the sensors behind the front valence.

Finally got around to checking further. Had the ONSTAR guy (reluctantly) tell me it is a B0081 code. It appears to be a sensor issue with the passenger seat and can possibly be cleared easily by me. I'm getting the impression it's a common occurance. I'll try the sequence I read about from a tech bulletin and see if it works.

I pulled a front bumper sensor off an 04 Yukon at work, you could see the sensor was swelled up and it was covered in the white powdery corrosion you see on battery terminals. Other than the ridiculous $94 for the new one it was a pretty simple fix.

Back