• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Seat swapping

tanman_2006

Just a farm kid...
Reaction score
I'm thinking of putting LATE :???:model GMT400 seats in my EARLY model GMT400 Crew Cab.

I know this is going to take some adapting but I can either put my captains chairs from my 95 ex cab in it or buy the set ChevyCowboy has for sale and stick them in. The 95's seats would be better in a single cab since they both have the fold down option.

Let my know what I am getting myself into.

I saw he seats in other thread. I would be shocked if they are not a direct bolt in.

I'm going up to get his dually axle parts so I might as well get lightly used seats to go with them. I have Grey leather covers for them.

I can't say if they will bolt into a 93, but in the efforts of cost cutting you would think they would keeps the mounts the same. Fewer changes would = more profit.

I heard they changed the hump between the 2 different interiors and the floor pans were shaped different but like you said, I don't see the bean counters allowing that.

the brackets will un-bolt from the bottom of each seat, just swap the brackets from your current set to the new set and ta-da guaranteed direct bolt in. Did this with fiero seats into my sons s-10.

If anything the bracket to seat will be different. The bracket to floor diamentions should be the same on all. Only diff I can think of is going from bench to bucket & visa versa there may not be all the welded/caged nuts, but can be added.

In other words I think they will swap.

If I switch the mounts will I still have power everything?

I'd prefer to leave the mounts as they are so I swap and rearrange my seats to be in the trucks I've want them in.

I cant say if the power adjustments will stay, I swapped manual to manual. I would think if the power stuff was already in then un-bolting the brackets from the seats would put the same power set up back in.

the power seats are just 3 wires not really sure why there are 3 but the seat that i bought (60/40 bench with fold down center console and full power driver, power lumbar passanger) has 4 i havent figured that part all out yet but i will soon. the 60/40 bench has different mounting points than the buckets had but there are dimples in the floor pan where it could have been drilled for them. i am going to put a nut and small plate on the underside and possibly tack them to the floor pan. the floor doesnt really seem that different in the 00 than it was in my 93 other than being a crewcab instead of a regular cab

Yeah, im hoping that swapping from bucket seat to bucket seat in my crew cab might be straight forward other than wiring.

I'm most concerned over going from bench to bucket in my single cabs.

you are going to have to add 4 holes just for the seat and then the center console is another 4 not sure if the regular cab is going to have the same pan lay out now that i think about the differences in my 93 RC and the 00 CC.

Adding holes in the single cabs is to be expected.

Are you thinking I will need to drill more holes in my crew cab? Other than the different shaped center console is there any big difference there? I haven't pulled out either yet, my 93 C3500 isn't home yet and I'm still driving the 95.

well i went to the 60/40 bench so the passanger seat is basically a bucket and only the 2 back holes lined up in it and then on the driver seat (the 60 part) the 2 holes by the drive door lined up and the other ones hit right on the punch marks from the factory. not sure what the seat came out of it could have been a tahoe or something. i honestly dont know i was hopeing my seat would bolt in no problems but i was wrong there. its nothing that cant be done just a few holes!

Back