• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Seat heater has a mind of its own

trotorx2

Reaction score
Ok this must be a common problem as it happened with my '03 Z-71.
My driver side seat heater comes on by its self. The problem with the '03 seemed to come on the most after it rained. On my '06 it has started doing the same thing only it will do it even if it hasen't rained. I doesn't always come on but sometimes I will have to turn it off several times before it stays off.

I traded in the '03 with the problem still there. Of course this doesn't start till the truck is out of warrenty.

Anyone else have had this problem? Any idea's how to fix this? It's getting warm here in SE Texas...don't need a hot seat!

I have the exact same problem with mine and have had it since day 1. The dealer can't fix it. I have had the Control Modules reprogrammed, and it has been a little better, but it only happens after it rains. If it remains dry, no problems at all. ??????? I thought a new switch would do the trick, but that didn't work either.

I can't figure it out. Once the switch switches on and off by itself it seems as if it dries the moisture out from within the switch or wires, and then it is OK. Weird how it only activates by itself after rain or moisture. Other than that, it is fine.

Sorry for the bad news. :)

I am thinking of taking the witch out and using a little of the electric gel stuff (Sorry I can't remember the name) on the connections to see if that takes care of the issue.

I am thinking of taking the witch out and using a little of the electric gel stuff (Sorry I can't remember the name) on the connections to see if that takes care of the issue.

Your talking about Dow Corning DC-4 we use it at work to keep moisture out of cannon plugs. It rained some today but I didn't have a problem. My '03 did it far worse than this truck. It would cycle thru the settings and wouldn't stop till it was ready. Very annoying in the summer.

heated seat driving me crazy!

Whats up Guys!?

Lately my truck has driving me crazy. The driver side seat heaters will randomly turn on while im driving down the road. If I turn it off, it will turn on again within a few seconds or a few minutes. Now that its 90 degrees outside this needs to stop!

Anyone else had this problem? I assume i can just pull a fuse to stop the problem but that might affect other things also.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-Joel

when this happens,do the seat heater lights go on?

Yes!!!!! Gives new meaning to the term "hot seat" :D

The lights actual go crazy turning on and off continuously all by itself.

Last edited:
Whats up Guys!?

Lately my truck has driving me crazy. The driver side seat heaters will randomly turn on while im driving down the road. If I turn it off, it will turn on again within a few seconds or a few minutes. Now that its 90 degrees outside this needs to stop!

Anyone else had this problem? I assume i can just pull a fuse to stop the problem but that might affect other things also.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-Joel
<----Thread Merge

But yes the indicator lights do turn on. And it is not always the same...sometimes the butt and back turns on, sometimes just back, and at all different heat levels...AND mine does it even when there is no moisture in the air!

Back