• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Score 6.5 (0), & rats (1)

Roy_Karr

Reaction score
Hey guys! I need help with an electrical issue I'm having with my motor. I just got my rebuilt motor in, and when I was hooking up my battery cables and the negative cable that connects my motor to my frame sparked against the exghaust down tube, when I tried to figre out where the short was I noticed the dash lights was on and would not turn off. The motor will crank over but will not start. I pulled the # 14 fuse which shows Illum, the dash lights goes out but the turn signal lights are still on as well as all of the indicator lights and the shifter lights stay on. The fuel pump does not pump fuel but when checking the power to the pig tail one wire has a slight low voltage light going to it and the other wire does not have any power to it but, (I'm working by myself and not fast enough to be able to test the fuel pump while it cycles on). I also checked the fuel pump relay and one has a solid light and when I turn the ingnition on the other lights up. Keep in mind this truck has been sitting for almost 2 years while I got the money to rebuild the motor, (the timing chain broke cause the roller lifter roller broke the pin which caused the cam to lock up). I know it's not getting fuel but the wiring has to have a short somewhere but not sure where. So I'm not sure if I need to determin the short or figure out if the fuel pump is bad or if it's a combonation of both?

:nonod:

:mad2:

:confused:

Hey guys! I need help with an electrical issue I'm having with my motor. I just got my rebuilt motor in, and when I was hooking up my battery cables and the negative cable that connects my motor to my frame sparked against the exghaust down tube, when I tried to figre out where the short was I noticed the dash lights was on and would not turn off. The motor will crank over but will not start. I pulled the # 14 fuse which shows Illum, the dash lights goes out but the turn signal lights are still on as well as all of the indicator lights and the shifter lights stay on. The fuel pump does not pump fuel but when checking the power to the pig tail one wire has a slight low voltage light going to it and the other wire does not have any power to it but, (I'm working by myself and not fast enough to be able to test the fuel pump while it cycles on). I also checked the fuel pump relay and one has a solid light and when I turn the ingnition on the other lights up. Keep in mind this truck has been sitting for almost 2 years while I got the money to rebuild the motor, (the timing chain broke cause the roller lifter roller broke the pin which caused the cam to lock up). I know it's not getting fuel but the wiring has to have a short somewhere but not sure where. So I'm not sure if I need to determin the short or figure out if the fuel pump is bad or if it's a combonation of both?

:nonod:

:mad2:

:confused:

Man, talk about hi-jacking a thread! :D

You might want to start a NEW thread regarding this issue.

Nothing like a true hi-jack in broad daylight with no shame at all, :D

Way to funny, had to read it twice just to make sure.

Well I posted another thread and I was able to fix the issue with the grounding straps all messaed up and cut. Looks like a rats chewed threw them. Time to get out the paintball gun and take care of some pesky rodents.

Well I posted another thread and I was able to fix the issue with the grounding straps all messaed up and cut. Looks like a rats chewed threw them. Time to get out the paintball gun and take care of some pesky rodents.

Hit them with red so the hawks can see them running. Glad you got the truck fixed, and the thread. Welcome to the site.

Because freezing paintballs does not work! The paint does not freeze all the way and they just turn into a gooie mess. Tried that and it was a big mess.

I purged these posts from the ATT thread, which is about rats vs wires, and wires coming up on short end of things

I am glad you explained this, I was confused trying to find the hijack!:eek:

On the other hand I am glad you got the truck running again! :thumbsup:

Back