• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sadly, I think it is time for a new IP

saint_nick3

Reaction score
For about six months now my truck has had a hot start problem. I can pretty much set my watch on how long I can let it sit before it will not start. I have been carrying a gallon of water with me, because the water trick still works to start the truck. Trickle a quart of water over the IP and she will fire up.

The truck is not showing any codes, the lift pump has good pressure, and the problem only happens when hot.

Any suggestions?

I just had to hear it from someone else. I will put the gauge on it and test the fuel pressure first. I guess I need to start looking for a place to buy one. Anybody have any experience with the Pensacola Diesel rebuilt injector pumps?

Once Pensacola Fuel was top line, quality has slipped of late due to some cost cutting measures at the shop especially when owners decided to start using overseas sourcing of some parts, if you can contact Diesel Pro directly (Mike) let him know your plight he might be able to work one in with a little extra attention to detail.

Back