• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reverse Clutches Burning

Mr Baadboy

Reaction score
yesterday while putting my Camper in the driveway for the first time since the move 6 months ago. The drive is a slight grade and narrow....but the street is steep about 25* while baacking up the hill and backing in to the right i could smell my clutches, backing down is not an option. There are two drop off's both sides of the street and a steeper drop Ditch on the left side of our drive.
Anyway after searching the reverse gear uses the 3ed and 5th clutch packs that in itself explains alot the tranny has 234 k and who knows how abused it was before i got it 196 k. Plus i forgot to unload the predator 85 hp setting.
Did not put in 4x4 because tight turn and bone dry...............
Should I be prepared to drop in the full Transgo to solve the problem or should i just replace all 5 packs.....YOUR THOUGHT"S and SUGGESTION'S
greatly appriceated.

Transgo will not "patch up" slipping clutches. I know it is not what you want to hear but it is time for a build. Don't feel bad, mine was at 57K miles.

i doubt they are burnt. c-5s dont see any wear. even the most brutilized trans look good. but a tear down is necc. the 5th pack is the same clutch as the 4th iirc.

Back