• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Repair Manual ? Best one to buy? 2000 Chev CK3500 6.5L Diesel

I don't know if this is the proper forum to ask but I have a problem with the w-wipers. Are you familiar with the manner in which these arms sit on the wiper trans?

The wipers were "slapping" during the rain, the other day. I figured I'd merely lift them off and turn them a few teeth in the right direction to make them park and end their excursion in the right place but to my surprise, these babies have a keyway. The arm can mount in only one position! That would lead one to suppose that when you bolt them all-up they can't do anything BUT make the correct excursion. Not so! The driver's side goes off the windshield at full sweep and the passenger's side goes beyond where it should to "park" and slaps the cowl. I took the cowl off and checked to see if there was any room for adjustment and there is not. Tomorrow I'll grind the "key" off and move the arms a little bit in the right direction. I only hope they stay on since the little "lock" clip will no longer have the key to grasp. It looks as though it will still go under the spline enough to hold itself on. I hope!

dont grind the key off, it is supposed to work right, dont modify stuff to work when something isnt right.

did you pull the plastic grille off between the hood and windshield? I would see if something is bent, or is a bolt on an arm bracket is missing, etc. somthing is definitely wrong.

pull the plastic grille on the other one and compare, 97 and 2000 should be the exact same.

Remove the cowl, pull the drive assembly (linkage between wipers) run and stop the wiper motor. Then you can retime the driver side to the motor, then the assembly can set up the passanger side. It takes a little patience, but it is worth it. Keep in mind someone before you may have put in the asssembly wrong. You have a nice truck there, don't start hacking on it now.

Buyer beware guys. I have the 2000 C&K service manual from the post #6 above and would sell it for $75+ ship but IIRC it DOES NOT cover the 6.5 engine. Gassers only. IIRC the 6.5 is a separate manual. I can look again tonight but I'm pretty sure.

Edit: Pretty sure mine is for GM800 body style.I bought it from the order form in the back of the owner's manual of a 2000, K2500HD

That's because in 2000, the only 6.5 was found in the C3500HD. Like I said, if OBD-I, use a '94 or '95 GM Service Manual. If OBD-II, a '96-'99 GM Service Manual One set covers, P/U (all), C&C, Suburban, Yukon (4Dr) and Tahoe (2Dr) including model specific differences like wiring, etc. The ONLY thing they do not go into depth on is the 4L80E total rebuild, that's covered in the GM Transmission Service Manual. It DOES; however, cover trouble codes, trouble shooting the transmission, solenoid/valvebody replacement, removal/install, transfer cases and front differentials.

I have the plastic cowl grill removed and have inspected the entire linkage. I will try Will's suggestion on re-timing the drive assembly. I will also take a look at the 2000 truck as GM Guy suggested. Thanx to both of youse (Philly coloquial) fellas for your help.

Husker: My 2000 is not an HD (as was pointed out to me on this forum) since it doesn't have the heavier suspension and the 19.5 wheels, but it says that the motor is a 6.5L Turbo. I wonder?

W-Wipers 001.jpgW-Wipers 002.jpgW-Wipers 003.jpg

The adjustment provision lies in these two arms. One simply loosens the screws, move the wipers to the correct position, then re-tighten the screws.

The full excursion photo shows where the blade stops NOW and the dirty marks on the windshield shows where it was stopping BEFORE. It was going all the way off the windshield.

The last photo shows the arms in their correct position. The passenger blade was travelling all the way down to the cowl and making a slapping noise.

So it was far easier to get it fixed than you thought. Good to hear it. :thumbsup:

Thanx, btfarm! I took the cap off because I had to run it thru inspection. The cap had a 3rd Stop Light and it didn't work so I took the cap off. I needed to take it off, anyway, to get a good look at the truck. I will put it back-on later. It's convenient to have a shelter for stuff.

I washed it for the first time (to get "intimate" with my new ride) and as I was running the wash-cloth in all the "secret" places, I did not discover one single spot of rust. Whoever had this truck from 1997 to 2012 probably never drove it in the snow or mud or any of the other activities people buy a 4X4 for. It isn't what-I-would-call "pristine" (like a show-car) but it's been well cared-for, probably garaged.

She passed with "Flyin' Colors" at the NJMV Inspection.

Even those "cold-fish" who work there were admiring it!

Back