• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

removing old viper alarm system

chefmike

Not just a truck... a project.
Reaction score
Where do I look for the receiver to identify the alarm system and possibly remove it.

I like the door clicker, I guess, but it makes me paranoid. And I leave the keys in the truck most of the time. I have a rottweiler. very reliable alarm. :hihi:

point me in the right direction?

anyone want to take a stab? where do they usually mount/tie in to the truck systems?

I guess I can search to see what I can find on late 90's viper equipment. I was just hoping someone here had insight.

It'll be behind the Panel that is infront of your Knees when Sitting in the Drivers seat. Just Stick your Head Down by the Pedals and Look Up, you'll See it Tucked in there.

It'll be behind the Panel that is infront of your Knees when Sitting in the Drivers seat. Just Stick your Head Down by the Pedals and Look Up, you'll See it Tucked in there.

Exactly. Bang on the truck while you're looking under the dash; there's a red light on the box that will come on with the shock sensor (there was on the viper alarm in the 97 S-10 I had years and years and years ago).

Wow. it looks like a squirrel installed it as a place to hide nuts. Crazy.

There is a button wired to it right above my e-brake... any ideas on that? override? reset?

Back