• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rear Brake Lines

MAGNUM SERVICES

Intelligence Guided By Experience
Reaction score
Are preformed Brake Lines available for my 96 Sierra 2500? Mine have rusted out after 8 years from Plowing/Salting and I am horrible at bending lines. I have found a few places that sell kits ($200.00+) but I only need the left and right side that are clipped onto the rear axle housing. I would buy them from a Dealership if necessary. Any and all replies will be greatly appreciated, Keith!

The guy on the phone at inlinetube.com sold me a set (part # GTB73R1) of just the two brake lines that run from the hose to each brake wheel cylinder for $35.00 for the pair + $19.22 for FedEx Delivery. They look exactly like the ones when the truck was new, I chose the Steel over the Stainless Steel since I am NOT Plowing/Salting anymore and figure these will last the rest of my rusty old trucks life.

That's one way to do it!

I've worked with the SS lines they sell and it's a little tougher but still workable. You gotta tweak the new line a little bit here and there.

IIRC their regular steel is galvanized. It holds up good, you should be happy with it.

That's one way to do it!

I've worked with the SS lines they sell and it's a little tougher but still workable. You gotta tweak the new line a little bit here and there.

IIRC their regular steel is galvanized. It holds up good, you should be happy with it.
I agree with the tweaking here and there but still a lot easier than trying to make that 90 degree bend between the leaf spring and the backing plate, definitely worth the $35.00 + shipping

That's one way to do it!

I agree with the tweaking here and there but still a lot easier than trying to make that 90 degree bend between the leaf spring and the backing plate, definitely worth the $35.00 + shipping

Back