• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

programers

igan317

Reaction score
i am looking for a new programer for my 05 dodge. i have a diablo sport predator now looking to get a new one. is there any out there i should go with that would be better?

Without a doubt, the one you want is a Smarty S-06.

It's as close to EFI Live as you'll get on the Dodge.

Don't even waste your time on the other ones; you'll end up coming back to the Smarty.

The way to go on single, stand alone programmers / modules on the Cummins is this.

For the 98.5 - 02 trucks, the Quadzilla Adrenaline gives you the most bang. After that, an Edge Comp is a nice setup and can be stacked well with a Smarty. The Smarty doesn't have bang on the 24V's that it does on the common rails, but it still provides the reduced torque management features, speedo calibration and a few other small options that work well with other programmers / modules.

For the 03 - 07 5.9 CR's...no doubt, you want a Smarty. This gives you great power, great flexibility, room to grow, stacks well, etc. A Smarty stacked with an MP8 is a nice setup, although the main feature of the MP8 is upping the rail pressure and this isn't always a desired option.

The TST is also another one that makes AWESOME power on the CR's, but it is know to be a little quirky at times. By itself, it's great, but stacked with a Smarty, there is a bit of a mid-range overlap between the two that doesn't always yield great driveability.

For the 07.5+ 6.7's you have a choice of the Smarty and the H&S XRT. Both work great, have lots of power, lots of options and can delete the EGR and DPF and keep you from getting CEL's and other issues.

Again, for your truck, get the Smarty and you'll be MORE than happy.

It's not much, but if you want to trade in that Predator, we can give you a $100 upgrade credit toward the Smarty. The Smarty's are price fixed from MADS at $685, but send us the Predator (must be unlocked and usable) and we'll send you a rebate for $100.

Back