• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

power door lock problems

chevyCowboy

I might be crazy but i ain't dumb
Reaction score
My Door locks on the crew cab will not work at all. i hit the button and hear the relay click but the doors will not lock or unlock. the locks seem to move freely and it is all 4 doors, which is making me wonder if the relay is bad the locks seem to try and move a little but not enough any one ever had this problem?

where is that in the in cab fuse pannel? which relay is for the locks. going to try and find a wireing diagram for it when i get off work

Not sure what breaker it is on the 1995's. I would check the few there are and check fuses as well.

Hmmmm my truck locks dont work. The shop put a new handle in when I got it and they never worked again but both do make a noise. They work manually n open with the key. Might be something in the door unpluged too.

well i pluged the other switch in and still nothing. i did notice that the first time i hit the switch they move just a little bit and after that they dont move at all

i found the relay and i unpluged it and used a jumber wire from the Orange wire hot at all times, to both the grey unlock, and tan lock; and still nothing they wont move at all. i can lock and unlock all the doors relativly easily but the power locks still dont work. guess ill try shooting them with some lithum grease and hope that frees them up some more

they seem to move very well im at a loss here for what is wrong. i was studying the wireing diagram that i have and for the ones that have keyless entry there is another moduale which i found and when i push the button i can feel it click over.

Both switches do the same thing so i dont think they are bad.

Any one have any other ideas?

doorlock motors getting weak? I believe that's what happens on my wife's 00. when it gets cold they don't work very well

Do you have remote start?,....it can cause problems.
I had to rip mine out to get my doors to lock on my 98.
Door lock motors do burn out too.

no remote start just keyless entry.

maybe they are getting weak but just seems really odd that all 4 would quit at the same time

Do you have remote start?,....it can cause problems.
I had to rip mine out to get my doors to lock on my 98.
Doorlock motors do burn out,..the one can affect the other so both don't work

Ok so back on this problem. Thought it was the relay tried that wasn't it. Thought it was keyless entry receiver, got one from junk yard same thing. Took all 4 door panels off and unhooked lock rods from actuators, they move but are very week. Im thinking it might be a bad ground because btwn the ground pin at the relay plug and a good ground the is 147 ohms. Im going to dig onto it a little further tonight, its either this or all the actuators went bad at the same time. For got to mention i also tried different switches out of my buddy's truck

Can you Use jumper wire from battery to give good ground and test?

Also try disconnecting a couple and see if they operate faster. Combined load draws more amps...

i did a jumper wire to batt this evening and no change. im not sure i had that many ohm's any way because i checked it again and if i put the red lead in the plug and the black to ground i get nothing a first then high numbers but if i put black lead in plug and red to ground i get 0 ohm's. i also did this straight to the battery and got the same results

Is odd all 4 at same time. I know they all have operated same number of time
Over the years but seems odd to me. Try 1 before buying 4 unless you know a place you could return them if it doesn't fix it.

Back