• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pop pressure

CUCV

Reaction score
I know I read this before on here, but can't find it.

I have 6.5 NA injectors that are like new and want to replace the crappy marine injectors on my truck.

IIRC, I could use the N/A ones, because the aperture is the same, but the pop pressure is different. I think missygoodwrench had the details on this. Was it 1100p.s.i.?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Paul

Stock they are about 2100psi. If you are running more boost than stock I would up the pop to 2200psi and make sure they are all within a 50psi range or less, like 2180psi to 2230psi.

I know some shops dont measure that accurately, but having them balanced is ideal.

No boost changes. Wonder if I should just do 2200 in case I throw a TM on later........

Thanks for the info.

No boost changes. Wonder if I should just do 2200 in case I throw a TM on later........

Thanks for the info.

I would do 2200 anyway, because likely to get TM or PCM upgrade in the future sometime. And the pop settles lower than its set anyway. The marine injectors are set a little above 2200psi stock.

Hey Buddy reading ur signature. What filter r u using as a prefilter and what is the threads? Where can I read about ur Amsoil Nano filter behind headlamp future mod? Sorry for going off topic CUCV. Whats cucv anyway?

I know I read this before on here, but can't find it.

I have 6.5 NA injectors that are like new and want to replace the crappy marine injectors on my truck.

IIRC, I could use the N/A ones, because the aperture is the same, but the pop pressure is different. I think missygoodwrench had the details on this. Was it 1100p.s.i.?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Paul

Here you go: http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?21150-Resetting-injector-pop-pressure Your welcome

Back