• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

OK, this could be fun, but dangerous....

db9938

stick'n it to the man
Reaction score
I recently picked up a new Ipod touch (32 gig)

So while playing with it, I check out the app store, and being the cheapskate that I am, I check out the free app's. Low and behold, there's a program called Pocket Dyno, yeah I know what you're thinking, but I open it up anyway and start reading the description. It's a FREE, inertial, dyno program that uses the motion sensors already built into the ipod touch. If you go to the website, they have a more comprehensive version for $5, not bad.

I've been playing around with it, and have had inconsistent results so far. But I think that it is in part to not having a fixed mount in the truck, I have been trying to just hold it down to the console. I have seen hp ratings from 133 to 430, so yeah I really need a fixed mount.

And I know, I know, if you include the price of an ipod touch, it's really not free, but if you already have one or were considering one, this is just one more reason to finally take the plunge.

oh yeah here's there website (if allowed)
http://www.pocketdyno.com/index.html

Back