• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Non-Truck Drive Train?? - '05 Honda Accord

Big T

Reaction score
My commute car is a 2005 Honda Accord with 2.4 liter engine and 5 spd manual transmission. I am experiencing a rhythmic pulse akin to a warped brake rotor, only I notice it mostly on heavy acceleration at highway speed. On my commute this week I noticed it while taking an right curve off ramp at 50 mph and it really felt like it was from the RF wheel. I've put the car up on jack stands and spun all the wheels to see if there are any bulges in the tires and there are none. An out of round tire would show up all the time. This is not perceptable while braking and definitely not in the brake pedal or the steering wheel.

Any ideas what I might be facing? Wheel bearing going out? Alignment issue?

CV axle going out. Look and see if it's flinging grease out of the boots. You'll notice it most when tension is put on the joints aka heavy acceleration

I checked, no grease and boots are intact. Is there another way to test the CV axles?

I would also double check tire balance at a shop, or rotate tires and see if the vibration "moves". Possibly worn out steering linkage or tie rod ends if it has them, but sounds to me like classic cv axle.

Any clicking when going into a corner? Also would be classic CV axle. Corners are where CV's act up the most. Hubs would make a constant buzzing noise.

Maybe a dead hole in the engine at full power? How old are the plugs and what do the wires look like? I would inspect them for "holes" blown through the wires. No the ECM isn't that sensitive to misfires to trip a light. Different gear make any difference in vibration frequency? Yes = engine, No= driveline.

Car has 110K miles.' Engine definitely not missing. I do feel it slowing from highway (70 mph) speed. Not in steering, nor in brake pedal. It does feel like tire is out of balAncs and I did whack that one on the end of the curb along my driveway. I'll try rotating them. I have about 10K to 15k left on these tires.

Back