• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New headliner replacement?

hookedup50

Reaction score
When I get home and recover from Back fusion, I'm Yanking the interior out of my 97. Mice ate a hole in my headliner or I would recover the existing board. I was on LMC cause have not found any other vendor. Anyway they have options except for the one with an overhead console. Has anyone bought one that has a overhead console that worked. My intuition says to just fill the hole in the board and recover, but need a plan B. Any Ideas. The mouse smell is probably the issue more than the hole. Thanks

I put an overhead console in my truck, I just cut holes for the console tabs.

Thank you. That takes the worry out of ordering something I can't use. Its still a mystery how mice got in the the cab,. My best guess is through the firewall, and maybe I will find out when I partially pull the dash to replace AC evaporator. I guess I should be happy they spared the wiring, and I was in need of carpet replacement anyway. Thanks again.

You're welcome, you could keep the old headliner to use as a template.

I'm definatly saving the old one and will recover it if it isnt smelly. I have had good luck recovering headliners on other builds to save money. After that some rust repair on ext cab corner and the project is done. Then a Teds swap in my 89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer.

Where did you order the overheard console from? I wanna put one in my truck as well.

Good luck with the back fusion and the truck. Myself and Cousin of same age both need the fusion, but refuse to be cut on lol

Deranged

Member here had one for sale.
Where did you order the overheard console from? I wanna put one in my truck as well.

Good luck with the back fusion and the truck. Myself and Cousin of same age both need the fusion, but refuse to be cut on lol

Deranged

LMCTRUCK is only place I have seen them. Just got home from hospital and it will be a while before I get to the interior. I had planned to jump on it when I got back, but I'm gonna be a while healing.

Deranged

Get one from a wrecking yard. I got my brother one from the local wrecking yard for around $20.

The wrecking yard is a good option if I need the board. The yard down the street always wants to much money. Your 20 would be a hundred at this yard and I then I think that a new already to install is worth the money. Its one of those new neighbors(20years) things. Takes about 100 years to lose the new nieghbor status

Ok, I was on rockauto and my choices are ox gray or dark grey. My interior is light grey on the rpo code. My question is ox grey lighter than dark grey. Been awhile since I saw a grey ox, the neighbor only has white ones he uses for log hauling.

My vote is to try and find feedback from people whom have actually installed the headliner from LMC recently.

I bought some splash guards from LMC last year and had to trim them to fit around the suspension and brake lines even though I am sure I ordered the 4x4 version; also, another person had the same comment regarding the splash guards from LMC. Yeah, I know, a splash guard is not a headliner . . .

I hear you on those splashguards, they didn't fit right either and I never had a small to begin with so I don't even know where that goes. LMC would sell more product if anyone at all there knew what they were selling. Prices are higher than rock auto as well.

Thanks for the link. In agreement on quality from LMC. The outside door latches I got from them no longer are black and were installed last Sept. To bad Leroy doesn't sell everything.

Back