• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New CKO Tech 2. WTF

Goose57

Reaction score
Excited to get my new scanner. You think for that price it would have a users manual included. I guess that’s extra. Anybody ever buy one of these? I guess I’ll go hunting on the web.IMG_0895.jpeg

You might lookup the manual for the real tech 2 and see how much of it is the same as you roll through each function. test it out on a known working vehicle other than your diesel first. then move to the diesel truck.

@Goose57 PM sent.
In the meantime, if any one else would like the manuals, I’ll happily send the files on CDs (two came with my kit) or Thumb Drive via Snail Mail. Just PM me an address.

A word of caution to avoid bent pins ($%^&*) from Mr “Non-Intuitive (me)”. If the serial cable doesn’t want to connect to the Tech2 module because of a molded tab on the cable’s connector like mind did. It seems the module should be removed from the scanner first. Simply slide the lever to the right, the module ejects, attache the cable, secure the cable to the module with the thumb screws and slide the module back into the scanner. The locking lever with slide back and into the molded tab on the connector.
OR, cut the molded tab off the cable and just use the thumb screws to secure the cable to the module.

Follow me for more life tips at #afterthoughts-hindsight=2020….

Thanks guys, I figured it would take a while to get use to it. I did find 2 manuals online one for the genuine gm tech2 and one for the CKO tech2 it’s slightly different. Yes I’ll use it on a different vehicle to get use to it. The only car I have is a 2002 Mazda. It has a OBD 2 system on it. I’ll see if I can use it. Also thanks for tip on not bending the pins on the cable connections.

I just got an e mail from the eBay seller of the CKO tech 2 and he said the 2 CD,s that should of been with the scanner when I received it is coming in a second shipment. I did download the user manual for that scanner and went thru the power off self test and it failed, says to call customer support. They will probably tell me to return it to the seller. It also failed the key pad test and it said 1 of the adapters was not hooked up and it was. Did an ohm test on that adaptor and it is bad. I don’t know if those CD,s are going to tell me any more info. than the user manual I downloaded. Now I am going to have the seller see if he can send a new adaptor. And I still have to call customer support. There is no contact info. in the user manual for the customer support line. I may just Fxxxing return it and purchase the GM scan tech and a laptop. What a PITA!! Thanks for listening.

Back