• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

need some help

Codyfuller2000

Reaction score
i found these and was wondering if they were worth it to get any help would be thankful

ssdieselsupply.com/product_159_6.5TD_Performance_Roller_Camshaft_kit.html
ssdieselsupply.com/product_149_6.5TD_HP_Double_Roller_Timing_Chain_Set.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about the cam. Walt [ss diesel supply] makes unproven horsepower claims. I don't think there is much bang for the$ in the cam. Money is better spent in other places unless yours is shot.
The timing chain set is the best I've found. The cloyes is very tight. Others I've bought are quite loose. If he lists the cloyes number try pricing it at rockauto. They could be cheaper or just reuse your crank sprocket and get the cloyes c3074 which is for 6.2s and 92-93 6.5s. The 3074 is $30 cheaper from rock. Most times the crank sprocket doesn't wear much. I just did that on my 94 k3500srw
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?27109-Just-a-94-k3500-srw-thread

I am not sure about that cam. I have not heard from anyone trying it. Delta Cams makes some grinds for military vehicles apparantly, the Delta 206 has been tested with well received performance increase in turbo spool and off the line acceleration, probably best paired with a larger turbo, like an ATT, or an HX40.

I am not even sure how this one differs from stock. I had a cam thread where a member degree'd a stock cam and posted the specs in the thread. And from those specs I dont see how the SSDS cam will help. Rather than spend money on that, what would help more is the roller rocker set from Peninsular coming out, should be available to purchase in a few weeks. They use 1.6:1 adjustable roller rockers with new pushrods in the kit for about $600. That will help increase lift and duration slightly and be more efficient that the stock setup. Otherwise the rockers can be had from Harlandsharp.

Back