• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need help with audio stuff

Rhinopkc

Bull in a China Shop
Reaction score
I need new head unit, half of my lights are out, the thing resets clock (only clock, not presets) at random intervals, and the external CD player (the one that goes in place of the sh*t catcher pocket under the head unit) has decided to not work anymore. All of my speakers are also starting to sound kind of distorted, showing their age I guess. I have a '98 extended cab GMC. I only want speakers to go in the stock locations, as far as head unit, nothing too fancy, no nav, no touch screen, no DVD player. Any suggestions?

I'd put a nice pioneer hu in it with some good quality front speakers. A small amp for the front speakers wold really bring it to life.

The Crutchfield Link above is a good Start.

Go there, put in the Vehicle Info, and go through and see "What Fits My Car". Take a look at the stuff they Show you.

Make a List of the stuff you like / in your Price Range, then go Shop elsewhere.

Not saying Crutchfield is a Bad Place, they are good, but their Prices are REALLY High.

Back