• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

my truck

Jdbdiesel

Reaction score
its a 95, It starts rough, When its warm it runs like crap throwing alot of white and blue smoke, under full throttle, Its alot of black smoke, it throws a code when your heavy on the throttle then when you let off, it stays on, when you punch it again it goes out, But only does this sometimes, is this a ip failure or pmd?

I would check out the entire fuel system before blaming Ip or PMD. Start with a piece of clear tubing on the return coming out of the IP to visually check for air. Open the drain T while it's running to verify the LP/OPS is working. Put a fuel pressure guage on the drain T with a hose long enough to allow you to see it while driving. Also sounds like you need to verify the turbo is working properly.

WELCOME! You've come to the right place.

Sounds like alotof problems. I need a fresher mind to separate out which issues you COULD have.

GROUNDS, OPS/Lift pump, Vaccum Pump/lines/regulator/actuator, Turbo with internal oil leak (blue smoke). IP and PMD could be the cause but excessive smoke says boost issue to me, no stalling or run away usually means the PMD isnt the problem but the PMD is a weird bugger.

Check grounds, tell us pressure from LP, and check turbo for oil in the intake and exhaust for that matter.

What code number? White smoke could be from retarded timing.

Back