• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

my 1995 cruise control fix.

vaicase

Reaction score
i have a 1995 k-3500 base truck. i wanted cruise. was told all i had to do was put in a fuse and a switch. well i found a switch. it was 178.00. i did not want to take that chance on it not working. plus my truck does not have tilt wheel. so today i went to a salvage yard. and paid a 150.00 for a whole column. and if the cruise did not work. id at least have tilt. and some spare parts. well it took me about 1.5 hours to change it. and now my cruise works good. im very happy. i cant figure why g.m. did this on a base truck? i mean its just a switch and a fuse. thats crazy for the people who replyed to my post, about me wanting cruise. thank you so very much:):)

I'm so used to tilt it is weird to not have it. My 81 cutlass supreme has leather seats and no tilt and no power stuff:???:
Glad to hear it worked out for you:thumbsup:

Good deal! My 93 has tilt but oddly enough I leave the column straight but I like tilting it up to get in and out so I dont have to squeeze my legs under the wheel.

Back