• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Master Cylinder Upgrade, or?

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
Well, this morning I noticed my brake pedal low checked the brake fluid level and the rear reservoir port for the front brakes was was dry and underneath it looks very wet like I have a leak between the hydroboost and master cylinder cleaned it up could not find any lines leaking so suspect rear seals at rear of master cylinder because I have a leak between it and hydroboost any of you know of a master cylinder upgrade or?

I had thought the leak between the brake master & hydroboost was the booster piston seal but it is not booster-p/s fluid level is where it should be. This is the original master cylinder & rebuild my own hydroboost when needed.

Sounds like a master. I would flush out all the old fluid when the new one goes in. How many miles on it?

Sounds like a master. I would flush out all the old fluid when the new one goes in. How many miles on it?

It appears that an ever so slight drip is coming from the back of the M/C.
I flush the system annually same M/C since new.

I did change out 2 hydro units since Burb was new because of sand ingress into P/S pump replaced that w/PS hi pressure unit and use a filter on each of the 2 return lines there however I need to change out the hydro hoses to the hydro winch too so thinking a inline filter on pressure hose to hydro.

Well with all said and done I found where the leak is and it's the master cylinder reservoir grommets "anyone know where to buy some w/o the reservoir?"

Couldn't source just the grommets?
The configuration of the grommets make for a very difficult job installing them so no they are not available alone just with the reservoir and must be removed from the reservoir installed in the master cylinder then the reservoir is pressed into the grommets = a PITA so went the complete assembly.

Back