• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lurking... Seems to be some genuine content here.

uniquediesel

1/4 mi. Fan
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share some of my opinions and observations here on this forum.

Haven't had an account here long, I haven't used the account much because I'm steadily on the Diesel Page forums. Anyways, looking for someplace to hang out where I can contribute where the information already presented in a thread is factual and the information I could contribute be understood/comprehended.

I'm only saying this because I have viewed Diesel Place forums for years as well and I can't say a single nice or good thing about that forum or it's members. That forum just plain out sucks and it's for so many little reasons that I can't really place it. If it was something big and obvious it'd be easy to say. Just a lot of little things like 90% of the post being replied to by amateurs that shouldn't even post a reply to someones real problem if they don't know. The attitude there is just piss poor, and the "mentality" is back in high school, and I hated high school. As a result, poor attitude is combatted by an even poorer attitude (by me), fight stupid with stupid kind of thing.

Anyways, just admiring some freedoms here, easier exchage of information and the ability to share opinions on people/vendors without it being deleted by the moderation.

John

Welcome, glad to you found us. Although my expertise is limited, you will find some real experts here.

You will also find a really good group of gentlemen that treat helping each other as a profession, in a professional manner.

Enjoy

Just thought I'd share some of my opinions and observations here on this forum.

Haven't had an account here long, I haven't used the account much because I'm steadily on the Diesel Page forums. Anyways, looking for someplace to hang out where I can contribute where the information already presented in a thread is factual and the information I could contribute be understood/comprehended.

I'm only saying this because I have viewed Diesel Place forums for years as well and I can't say a single nice or good thing about that forum or it's members. That forum just plain out sucks and it's for so many little reasons that I can't really place it. If it was something big and obvious it'd be easy to say. Just a lot of little things like 90% of the post being replied to by amateurs that shouldn't even post a reply to someones real problem if they don't know. The attitude there is just piss poor, and the "mentality" is back in high school, and I hated high school. As a result, poor attitude is combatted by an even poorer attitude (by me), fight stupid with stupid kind of thing.

Anyways, just admiring some freedoms here, easier exchage of information and the ability to share opinions on people/vendors without it being deleted by the moderation.

John

I agree! Welcome to the site John :thumbsup:

Welcome to your new home John!

Great members that actually speak well of each other (most of the time) make this an awesome site. Don't matter if your into diesels or not....everyone is welcome with open arms.

As for the Leaders of the site, they are enthusiast like all of us and it shows. This site has a great direction and super leadership.

Enjoy yourself John.

Glad to have you here John. Most of us originated at DP and that was our 'pre-school'. You'll find a much more casual and respectful group here. We genuinely LIKE each other here...
WELCOME!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll have to stick around, good to see good progress being made on the 6.5TD, as that's my poison of choice.

Finest 6.5 group of people in the world right here....

You have quite a collection of chevy diesels it seems!

Welcome. Always glad to have another member to contribute to the fun.

I agree 100% about the comments on DP. I feel the same way. Kid stuff...

DP has gotten a little better over the past couple of months. I thank Dave and company for that but I have to agree, skins a little thin overthere and often offense is easily taken. Then there's the flamers... oh well. It takes all kinds to make a planet. I go back there anyway cause work's IT guru's have this site blocked because of the similarity with another site of same name but a dot com address. Again, that's life.
Welcome to the site, it's a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:
Welcome John!! I think you will find that everyone here at TTS (oops almost said DTR) strives to keep this place from becoming what DP is now. Many of the guys here have seen the decline and share your thoughts on it, so DTR was born! Hope you enjoy it here!

Welcome John!

I guess my learning curve is steep, as I spent only months on DP before moving to the dark side. When it comes to diagnosing engine issues and doing wrench work, for me it's real easy to sort out the posers from the real deal and that is what drew me to this website.

For the most part, I'm all ears here on this site.

Steve

Welcome. This is a really great forum! Everyone is polite and knows their stuff.

... The flaming and drama get old in other Places. Not to mention a lot of bad advice.

Welcome. This is a really great forum! Everyone is polite and knows their stuff.

... The flaming and drama get old in other Places. Not to mention a lot of bad advice.

X2 on that....Especially the advice. Replace the PMD-replace the PMD etc, etc

You'll notice no other members here are talking down DP...we've been down that road before and don't care much for it anymore.
A big thank you goes out to our membership for not biting...:thumbsup:
I think we're finally turning the corner. :D

You'll notice no other members here are talking down DP...we've been down that road before and don't care much for it anymore.
A big thank you goes out to our membership for not biting...:thumbsup:
I think we're finally turning the corner. :D

DP is history, can't even log on anymore...server is perpetually overloaded, seems they are perfectly willing to let it fade into the sunset.

Back