• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LP Gas Regulators, Which One?

BIGR

Lucky To Be Here
Reaction score
Can you guys tell me what the difference of a two stage regulator versus a single stage LP gas regulator for a camper is? It appears to me that a two stage regulator would be more versatile for multiple appliances. Also would one of the two be better in the winter time? Last winter I had alot of trouble with the gas regulator on my hunting camper freezing up. Some reason it was worse last year than other years. When the temps. got below 32 degrees F. the furnace was pretty well done due to the regulator freezing up. I am thinking maybe that the gas regulator was going bad and I might try to replace it before hunting season. Any other suggestions on how to deal with LP gas regulator freeze ups? I know some LP gas companies add methyl alcohol to their LP, would that help if I could find an LP supplier that does that?

Back