• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

longevity

1hotduramax

Reaction score
Just curious. Does retuning these duramaxes take some of the longevity from them?

Anybody have huge amounts of miles on their trucks with efi live tunes?

Anything you modify from it's intention is probably not going to last as long. With a bit moderate tuning I don't think it's going to be that much effect on the truck, of course, that depends on the abuse that it takes. :)

Yes, I suppose that old abuse factor has something to do with even a stock tuned truck.

I use McRat racing stuff and hes ad says guaranteed to shorten the longetivity of your truck... guess i'm livin on borrowed time lol

Ive logged around 23,000 miles on my truck with my tuning. And the truck is at just under 100,000 total. Ive tuned it since the day I owned it and it only had 200 stock miles on it in my ownership.

And the seasoned members on here know how I tune and drive.

Tuning is hard on the parts so everything will wear faster. Engine, trans, suspension, brakes, steering, body.

My truck has 221,xxx miles. Tuned since 60k. Always needs tending too. Aprox 550hp and runs high 12's. Driven daily for work. Built engine planning has officially started though. :)

Back