• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LMM tune

Has anyone came up with a LMM tune that shifts good while sled pulling? I've used many and all have failed.

What kind of power are you looking for? You have a built tranny?

I have a strong LBZ tune I can maybe script into your LMM tune and you can give it a try.

what do you means shifts good during pulling??? are the ones you use pulling fuel??

Is your tranny built??

What kind of power are you looking for? You have a built tranny?
All the safe power I can get.

what do you means shifts good during pulling??? are the ones you use pulling fuel??

Is your tranny built??

Thanks for the replies.
No I don't have a built trans, just and trans go jr.
From what I've seen, for truck pulling, you don't need a built tranny to hold the power. A converter would help but not a must.
On my 01, it would click the shifts off smooth as butter. As for the LMM, it shifts so hard it will lift the front left tire a little off the ground.

I'm running and AirDog 150. I have ran Mcrat's, Nick's and several other guys tunes. They all react the same. On the street thay are fine, but load them up on the track and the truck want to hop due to the harsh shifting. I feel it's and LMM thing. I know a guy with a built trans and his does the same thing. There is another one out there with a GT 42, injectors, duel fueler and trans and it does the same thing. Mcrat and Nick have both sent me different tunes to try, something is missing. Sent Nick a log and he thought it was a fueling issue and want me to put a lift punp on. So I did, guess what, it made it worse cuz it had more fuel I guess??

I'm not asking for a bunch of free tunes. What I would like to know is, is there anyone out there that has pulled and LMM with a big tune that you couldn't hardly feel the shifts. ( I miss that alot)

I did try the 1st gear delete. It helped a good bit, but you still had that 2nd to 3rd shift that sucks. I might try my 1st and 2nd gear delete if I get the balls to do it. It might burn it up. I don't think the stock conv will take that too many times.

Sorry for the book.:blah:

All the safe power I can get.

Thanks for the replies.
No I don't have a built trans, just and trans go jr.
From what I've seen, for truck pulling, you don't need a built tranny to hold the power. A converter would help but not a must.
On my 01, it would click the shifts off smooth as butter. As for the LMM, it shifts so hard it will lift the front left tire a little off the ground.

I'm running and AirDog 150. I have ran Mcrat's, Nick's and several other guys tunes. They all react the same. On the street thay are fine, but load them up on the track and the truck want to hop due to the harsh shifting. I feel it's and LMM thing. I know a guy with a built trans and his does the same thing. There is another one out there with a GT 42, injectors, duel fueler and trans and it does the same thing. Mcrat and Nick have both sent me different tunes to try, something is missing. Sent Nick a log and he thought it was a fueling issue and want me to put a lift punp on. So I did, guess what, it made it worse cuz it had more fuel I guess??

I'm not asking for a bunch of free tunes. What I would like to know is, is there anyone out there that has pulled and LMM with a big tune that you couldn't hardly feel the shifts. ( I miss that alot)

I did try the 1st gear delete. It helped a good bit, but you still had that 2nd to 3rd shift that sucks. I might try my 1st and 2nd gear delete if I get the balls to do it. It might burn it up. I don't think the stock conv will take that too many times.

Sorry for the book.:blah:

Even if I sent you the scripted tunes, I don't think they would solve your problems. The tunes and tuners you have been using are very experienced at what they do.

Do you believe the issue is tuning related?

Makes me think something is up with your trans.

if your hopping you need to forget about the tunes and build some blocks and bars.

Do you believe the issue is tuning related?

Makes me think something is up with your trans.

Yes, I feel it is tune related
No, nothing is up with the trans. ALL the LMM's that I know of, that pull have the same issue. All tuned with EFI Live, All shift like crap.

if your hopping you need to forget about the tunes and build some blocks and bars.

No, I have bars as do the other trucks I talked about. It is a tune issue. I feel there is something missing in EFI Live.

Is there anyone out there that is pulling an LMM with like a PPE or other hot canned tune? How does it shift?

how are your bars constructed. If not built right you will hlop pretty bad.

do you have blocks??

My tunes all shifted like crap and i still did fine

how are your bars constructed. If not built right you will hlop pretty bad.

do you have blocks??

My tunes all shifted like crap and i still did fine

The bars are fine. Blocks will not keep you from a hop.

I've been pulling for over 10 years, I know a little about how to set a truck up. Like I said, my 01 never made a hop. This has to do with the tunes. Like I said, I feel it is an LMM thing. None of the other trucks that I have helped tune and set up have ever done this. The hop is caused by the harsh shift. I'm not the only one with this issue.

okay just makign sure, watch my videos and you can see my truck completely pulls all fuel between shifts then throws all the fuel back jerking like crazy and once i had the right suspension setup i never hopped.

not to hijack or anything...but how about a good pull tune for a LMM or maybe someone can guide me in their approach method for creating a solid tune.

not to hijack or anything...but how about a good pull tune for a LMM or maybe someone can guide me in their approach method for creating a solid tune.

I know LBZ/LMM is similar. You could always "compare" a Stock LBZ tune to a "hot" lbz tune and modify the changes to a LMM and see how it runs.

lol this is what i have been doing for the last couple of days....i dont know if my computer can open any more windows at once.

lol this is what i have been doing for the last couple of days....i dont know if my computer can open any more windows at once.

I know what you mean. I've done the same thing myself and still can't grasp the concept..

Ive been playing with it since about 9am this mourning, and i actually feel like i have a decent start for a good tune for my LMM. Feels like its running strong.

Back