• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lly console removal, lbz? seat install in Lly

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
Anyone do or know anyone that has pulled their center console with Bose speaker and duct system out of their lly and swapped it with a center seat out of a newer truck, possibly an lbz? Just a quick search, it appeared that the lbz seat was the most popular. Just curious on if there is anything specific to watch out for to confirm it'll work. Also, what kind of solutions are available for the Bose and duct systems. And what about that dash piece. (Though not overly concerned about that since I'll only be installing a fire extinguisher mount, CB, and switches for aux lights, high idle, and whatever other fun stuff I can find.

heck, if you've come across an article that you found especially interesting or useful might be nice. If there's nothing, I might just wing it and hope for the best, haha. Thanks fellas (and ladies?)!

Found out last night that the Bose system won't work unless you have the amp plugged in. So I had to remove the amp from the console. I found someone in North Dakota that has a charcoal colored cloth seat, that ought to match my truck's interior just fine. Who cares if its not leather?

I was going to add that I have heated leather seats, but being a swap from a console to a middle seat that was the same color as the interior, I wasn't going to fret too much about it. (I just had to get back to work, so I wasn't able to finish my thought.)

The guy that was interested in the console hasn't replied to my email, and I accidently deleted his text, so I don't even know if he's still interested... I hope so! I was excited about getting a middle seat again.

The guy is still interested, but since I have no days off till Thanksgiving...unless we have a weather day (which will have to be so bad that they tell us not to go) in which case I won't be able to meet up with him anyhow. I'm not planning on going home for thanksgiving, so maybe I can do it then.

I made a post some time back about the OEM switch options for these trucks. The pocket to the right of the HVAC has switch options and most diesel trucks are pre-wired for a factory high idle switch that fits in one of those cavities. There are also aux lamp switches, fog lights, ride control, rear slider window, headlight leveling just to name a few....

I finally got the swap done. So far I like it, but haven't really done any major driving with it yet.
IMG_3355a.jpg
IMG_3356a.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3360a.jpg
    IMG_3360a.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 5
Still haven't figured out a way to hide the wires and amplifier. And I miss my factory subwoofer a little bit (amazing what a 4 or 6" sub makes). Thinking of doing something with sheet metal, and somehow piping my duct back to the back with it..

Also, that last picture is where I dug myself out of a mess with no candle, 1/4 tank of fuel, in North Dakota - story is somewhere around here..

Back