• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Leather Treatment

btfarm

America First!
Reaction score
I'm looking for some leather protective treatment for my seats and the wife's Tahoe as well. A cleaner/protectant woud also be ok but they really don't get very dirty and I usually just use a damp cloth with mild soap. Whatever kind it is would probably also make it's way onto a recliner in our family room. Here's the problem... I've been cursed with an extremely acute sense of smell and could not stand any treatment that is strong. As an example, I can walk in the door and tell if someone had used 5 or 10 flakes of parmesan cheese (smells like puke to me) in the last 24 hours. Not a fun affliction. So a very mild treatment would be in order.

I have been using ArmorAll Leather Wipes.

They are inexpensive and work well. They have no strong odor.

For the price they are worth the try.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use pledge. Saw it on TV and it works great! Cleans and oils.

It does smell like pledge but Imo it's not the worst smell there is.

Sent from: Source Unknown

Yes I got the wife to slide pretty good over the weekend lol.

It soaks in pretty good actually and I wipe them down with a dry rag after.

My dmax has 210k and minimal seat wear the 95 has nearly 290k and no rips, I give some credit to the oil in pledge.

Sent from: Source Unknown

try ''connely leather feed'',,and ''lexol leather cleaner'',,both are used by rolls royce and ferrari

I like Lexol (Yes, same Lexol used for saddles, etc). You'll want both a bottle of the cleaner and one of the conditioner. Parts stores are stocking it, otherwise a farm and fleet place will definitely have it, probably near the horse stuff.

I use the "Mother's" brand leather seat conditioner found at Walmart. It seems to do a decent job. It brings back the new car leathery smell to the truck. I have had good luck with it.

I use the "Mother's" brand leather seat conditioner found at Walmart. It seems to do a decent job. It brings back the new car leathery smell to the truck. I have had good luck with it.
Thought about trying that one.

I tried the ArmorAll wipes and found them to leave it too slippery.

I'm leaning a bit toward the Adams products but it's expensive to just try. ~$40 by the time it gets to my door...

The leather seats in our truck are not like the fine leather seats that come in expensive luxury cars. The leather in our trucks is a thick cut of leather and will probably not benefit from the better leather treatments that you mentioned. I wipe down my seats with the Mother's Leather Seat Conditioner about 3-4 times per year. Just food for thought.

I know Jeff but the ones in her Tahoe are a much better quality (not exactly a Jaguar though) and wanted to try on mine before I got read the riot act for doing the wrong thing to HER :rolleyes: ride :hihi: and as a benefit, get mine better protected. I see your point though. I think I'll give the Mother's a shot next. I also want to do a chair in the house.

Probably the same as our Suburban, it's a similar quality, just a different texture on the 07+'s. The Denali's and Escalade's got nice leather, though.

Back