• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Leaking Rear Diff

DieselCash

Trust but, verify
Staff member
Reaction score
Ever since I changed out my rear diff cover to a mag hy-tec it has leaked or spit fluid out the vent tube.
Mag hy-tec has a short write up on it.

Has anybody else had this problem?

I am really nervous about drilling any holes back there.

My current vent tube looks factory. It goes all the way up to the bottom of the bed.

Has anybody else extended there vent tube?

I'd try the 1st fix they mention with the filter on the end Marty. I wouldn't worry all that much about lowering the level a bit either. The drill and 1/4 pipe tap (not tape :rolleyes:) would be fine too but it would mean doing some extra effort to pull the cover and isolate the area of the new hole to capture all the chips inside.

I'd try the 1st fix they mention with the filter on the end Marty. I wouldn't worry all that much about lowering the level a bit either. The drill and 1/4 pipe tap (not tape :rolleyes:) would be fine too but it would mean doing some extra effort to pull the cover and isolate the area of the new hole to capture all the chips inside.

I figured I would try the first fix also.

Thanks for the response! :thumbsup:

Back