• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lbz won't start.

joshjosh

Reaction score
Have an 06 lbz with an edge programmer and won't start. Dic say service brakes and several lights are on. Tested starter relay and that worked so then I jumped ecu relay and it will start and run fine. I can also ground ecu relay and it will start. Does any one have a wiring diagram of the ice relay wires colors from relay to ecu so I can see if ground wire is broke or if the ecu is blown?

When u say truck will not start, you mean it cranks but wont run or just doesnt do anything when you turn the key to start? Two completely different things to go after.

Ok. There is a crank fuse in the underhood fuse block, 10 amp. Check that. The ecm will only power the coil on the starter relay if it see's a signal from the crank fuse. It also could be the ignition switch. God knows we do enough of them here. There should be 2 terminals with power if you remove the starter relay with the key on, and one terminal with ground.

Fuses are good. It appears that the ecu is not grounding the ecu relay. I can ground the relay and everything works. Not sure if it is the ecu or some where in the wire between ecu and relay but I can't find any diagram of wire colors even on alldata to test continuity.

you ought to get the edge off of it...many complaints of different kind of problems.

Good advice above. Pull the Edge and see if you still have the problem. That may at least help to rule out the programmer as a cause. If it persists sans Edge, look at the ignition switch itself.

not sure about the edge for the LBZ...I know edge' for the older DMax's were harness boxes...

if it is a harness style box, check the pins in your connectors...take a needle nose pliers and on the pin side pull each pin gently to re-seat them in the plug properly and clean them with some CRC QD Electronic Contact Cleaner and the use the CRC terminal Protectant (not sure if that is what it is called...)

Back