• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ turbo mouthpiece

CBCS

Country Boy Can Survive!!
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get the LBZ mouthpiece to replace the LLY one? Does an aftermarket intake system replace the mouthpiece or is it seperate?

dealer and either you adapt your lly air filter system to the ne mouth piece or you buy the aftermarket kit for the lbz. you can get the mouth piece from the dealer or gm parts direct.com. as far as i know none of the vendors sell it, but if i am wrong please correct me and inform this gent.

So if I get and aftermarket intake I have to get one for the LBZ if i put the new mouthpiece on.

I would think so since the LBZ mouthpiece is an inch larger in diameter.

I wouldn't waste the money on an aftermarket intake system. The filters themselves are a lot more expensive and the gains are very minimal. The stock intakes are known for being better than the aftermarket simply because they keep more of the engine bay heat out better. Check out pics in my garage for how I fit the LBZ mp. Many people have done this before I did. You'll just need a 4" fernco (rubber coupling) and a hacksaw. Made a big difference. Hardly any turbo lag at all now.

you bet max attitude is right I put one on my 05 lly and it helped a lot on turbo lag .got mine from gmpartsdirect.com .for around 83.34 I used the fernco coupler and some blue gasket sealer for a little more piece of mind (I tend to go over board )definitely more turbo whine I like that!!

Mine has an AFE box, but the intake pipe is a stock LLY unit. Had to cut a couple inches off it to adapt the lbz piece to it. It has a 4" rubber coupling in the pic... thats been changed to a 4" silicone boot since. Not hard to do, and I pulled the pcv tubes out and hung them over the side of the block as well.

The yellow marking show where the pcv used to sit as well as where I moved it to now.

Attachments

• LBZ MP Install 03 edit.jpg
    LBZ MP Install 03 edit.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 20
  • LBZ MP Install 04 with PCV edit.jpg
    LBZ MP Install 04 with PCV edit.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 21
AFE makes the blade runner turbo mouthpiece. Direct bolt on with no modifications,but pricey, over $200 I believe. Its made of aluminum and has fins to channel air flow.

I have an 06 LLY and I was woundering since the 06 LLY and LBZ are basically the same wouldn't it have the LBZ turbo mouthpiece??

Yes, it has the same intake as an LBZ.
It is identical to an LBZ in every way except for the calibration (tune).

air intake and turbo mouthpiece is different from the LLY to the LBZ

example:

LBZ Wix air filter 49184 Round

LLY Wix air filter 46678 Flat

LLY

LLY intake.jpg

LBZ

LBZintake.jpg
FullImage.aspx
FullImage.aspx

Unless it's the 06 LLY in which case it is the same engine as an LBZ.

yeah...Grady had an 06' LLY so maybe thats why he posted it as same...

and the member asking the question has an 06' as well so it is the same for him...

it just depends

on the year models...04.5-05 have the LB7 style airbox (1-1/2 years of LLY's have these)
and 06' LLY's have the LBZ airbox (only one year of production LLY's have these)

the OP had an 05' so that's where my train of thought was...

and here are the two diferent mouth pieces...

LLY

lly.jpg

LBZ part #98011738
(shipping prices will vary)
Partszone $87.23
GMpartsdirect $75.40
GM parts giant $91.50

lbz.jpg

you can put the LBZ mouthpiece on the older style LLY and use your existing intake if you use a 4"x4" pipe connector with band clamps...

complete-1.jpg

but while you are at it you might as well order a full S&B intake(or similar) for it, so you won't need the pipe connector...JMHO
pencil.png

Back