• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Last call on warranty issues

HighSierra86

Reaction score
Hey guys, my 06' LBZ has about 300mi left of the extended warranty and I was wondering if there is anything I should look for when I bring it to the dealer one last time. I purchased the truck new and so far all that I have replaced is the cooler lines, intermediate shaft, and 1 front wheel bearing. I replaced the brakes myself a little while ago, but other than that nothing other than some blown interior lights. Truck has just shy of 60K miles.

So I was wondering if there is anything specific I should look for or ask the dealer about. I have no complaints or problems with anything, just want to catch anything before it happens. Thanks for any tips.

-Nick

Now that I think of it, I was getting some EGR code a few months ago. "insufficient flow" i think. I kept clearing them because i thought it was from the 5" exhaust. They have not come back for a while but maybe its worth looking into..

-Nick

EGRs were known for failure in LBZs. I replaced mine as well under warranty.

Front axle seals...actually, all axle seals. Check the inner rears and pull the center caps and check the outer. I've had the rr seal changed, then had to take it back twice for the outter seal same side. Had the front driver side seal changed and now the passenger side is leaking - I'll be taking it to the stealer soon.

Back