• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Knew these were made, just never seen one til now.

Well $100 is a $100. Not worth it IMO but there are some cheap people out there.

????? I guess for someone who never wanted to roll windows down but had to pick up people and did not want to lean across to unlock. Some feared in a mild wreck or dead battery ??? wouldn't be able to roll down window and be stuck inside ???

This is why foreign cars beat out american cars for a while they limited combinations and just built pkg's.

if I was ordering i would do something like that. :)
All my manual windows work just fine, all the powers on the place have an issue of some sort. most dont even work, the ones that do are slow, or screech, or something. the 98 dodge caravan is the only one with proper quietly operating power windows.

honestly, the only trucks i see that on are dodges commonly, and GMT800 half tons, this is the first GMT400 I have seen with the split optioning.

When i was dream ordering a new 07 half ton chevy in high school, there was a texas/oklahoma option (literally, that was the package name), I think it had factory deep tint windows, and I think power locks. this could be that?

thanks for posting!

Some feared in a mild wreck or dead battery ??? wouldn't be able to roll down window and be stuck inside ???

And if you lost your battery and were locked inside how would you get out? with no power to the locks.:dunno:

I know a guy with a 95-98 chevy half ton reg. cab that both inner door handles were broken, so you had to drop the windows. well, he got done farming for the night, left the phone in the tractor, hopped in the pickup, slammed the door, dead battery. was actually trapped. tried kicking out the cracked windshield, since he needed a new one, but it was too tough. so he had to kick out a side window, open the door, and get the phone to call home for a ride.

the locks can still function manually no matter the option, but manual windows will roll down with a dead battery to open the outer door handle.

Back