• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Kayaks

TKM

54SuperMTA
Reaction score
Got the fever to get one of these. Been looking at them for the last couple of months and i'm leaning towards the Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident Angler.
A buddy of mine took me and my Dad on a 3 day, two night canoe trip and i'm hooked. Anyone do this, have suggestions on what Kayak to get? I need to be able to pack enough stuff for a couple of nights. The canoe is ok, but i'm going to go the Kayak route just because it is something i've always wanted to do.

We just bought two Current Design Kestrals 120's. I have little experience with them, but I would recommend finding a good local dealer instead of buying from a chain. I almost did, but am very glad I bought from a dealer much better service, and not that more expensive.

I was looking into ocean Kayaks as well,but after my little accident I have had to put it off.I see them every once in a while in the classifieds.I would probably buy one used as they are a bit pricey.Maybe check craigs list?Let me know how it goes as it may be in my future plans.

After looking around this weekend i found out you can spend a lot of money outfitting one of these things. I agree with finding a local dealer, i have a lot of questions to ask and there are a lot of different styles to choose from.
I bump the scales at around 270 and i don't go if there is not an ice chest full of cold drinks so i need to consider the weight ratings. I have a buddy that goes on 2 week long hiking trips and he knows how to pack light so i'm sure he will be a big help when it comes time to get the right equipment to help keep the overall weight down.

See if you can go to a demo day first. Mfg reps will bring a few different boats for you to try. It's a bunch of fun and you can really compare the different styles and how they actually work in the water. You are also talking directly to the reps who really know their product lines.

I attended a demo day in NY last week and I looked at a couple of offerings from Swift and EddyLine. I am a larger guy so very few fit, but I really liked the Fathom and the Night Hawk by EddyLine and the Bearing Sea by Swift. My wife drives a Current Designs Squamish and she likes it a lot.

Back